The Distortion Correction (DC) core corrects images accurately on-the-fly. It is reliable in real-time applications where speed is vital and is ideal for custom systems, especially where processing latency and memory bandwidth are critical. Its ability to continuously compensate for lens distortions also means economies can be made where some expensive high-performance optics used to be required. DC uses an advanced digital hardware implementation that far outperforms traditional software-based solutions, bringing a new generation of high-performance video applications into view.
- Full compliance with the OPENCV 2.3 undistort() function.
- Up to 100% barrel and 50% pincushion distortion correction, depending on FPGA resource usage requirements.
- Real-time computation with latency of less than 1 frame period.
- Video resolutions from 16×16 to 2048×2048.
- Wide-ranging video data format support, from monochrome (up to 32-bit) to 4:4:4 10-bit RGB.
- A choice of 3, 5, 6 or 8 distortion parameters, selectable at build-time.
- A cylindrical projection function that can be optionally built-in.
- Flexible memory interfacing including an inbuilt cache, with support for DDR1/2/3 SDRAM, QDRI/I/III SRAM or on-chip memory available on request.
- Horizontal and vertical bilinear interpolation.
- Factory-adjustable precision and scaling.
- The DC core boasts a comprehensive feature set, delivered in genuine real time:
- Real-time, low-latency computation - less than 1 frame period - well-suited to high-performance object tracking.
- 25% barrel and pincushion distortion correction as standard and higher degrees of correction available on request.
- Support for a wide range of video resolutions and formats.
- Efficient, flexible memory-interfacing optimised for low-cost dynamic memory.
- Run-time programmable processing window to optimise memory bandwidth.
- Optional cylindrical projection function.
- Compatibility with popular camera calibration software packages through compliance with OPENCV 2.3.
Block Diagram of the Distortion Correction Core