The AC2150 TDM over Packet device implements Circuit Emulation Services Interworking Functions (CES IWF) for 32 DS1/E1 TDM channels.
The device integrates all functions for TDM transport applications in wireless backhaul systems: DS1/E1 framers, TDMoP IWF, and packet header processing.
The AC2150 implements the SAToP and CESoPSN modes defined by IETF, MEF, MFA and ITU. These support transport of transparent DS1/E1 channels, or provide bandwidth efficient nx64 fractional channels.
Each TDM channel can be configured independently for adaptive, differential or retiming clock recovery mode, and each channel may operate at a different clock rate.
The integrated DS1/E1 framers enable fault and performance monitoring, including test pattern insertion and loopback. The device supports Ethernet, VLAN, IP and MPLS PWE3 packet headers, and a dual Gigabit Ethernet interface.
The device is ideally prepared for new protocols or standards evolution due to its FPGA based design.
Evaluation systems are available for system level testing.
- TDM over Packet CES IWF for 32 DS1/E1 ports
- SAToP or CESoPSN transport mode selectable per channel (RFC4553 and RFC5086)
- Configurable amount of TDM data per packet
- Clock recovery mode selectable per channel: adaptive, differential or retiming mode
- RTP header for differential clock (RFC3550)
- Jitter and wander compliant to MEF18, ITU-T G.8261 and G.823 / G.824 for traffic interfaces
- Configurable jitter buffer size
- Extensive set of CES fault and performance monitoring points
- Integrated DS1/E1 framer with alarm, fault and performance monitoring, and support for loopbacks and PRBS maintenance functionality
- Integrated packet header processor for MAC addresses, VLAN tags, IP and MPLS PWE3 headers
- TDM interface to LIU at 1.544 or 2.048 Mb/s
- Dual GbE SerDes or interface to external PHY
- Clock: 19.44 MHz
- DDR2 SDRAM buffer: 16 Mb x 16
- 16-bit CPU interface
- Technology and Package
- 40 nm CMOS technology
- 484-pin 23 x 23 mm FBPGA package
- Typical power dissipation < 1.5 Watt
Block Diagram of the DS1/E1 TDM over Packet device