The ADX20M16B40G is a Continuous-Time (CT) ∆∑ Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) with built-in Anti-Aliasing Filters (AAF)
and digital Decimation Filters.
It applies oversampling and captures the differential analog input signal with a 5 GSPS sampling clock, at the easy to drive continuous time analog input.
The CT ∆∑ Modulator loop includes inherent Anti-Aliasing Filter. This significantly reduces analog filter requirements compared to Nyquist ADCs. A robust multi-bit CT ∆∑ architecture ensures low sensitivity to clock jitter.
- 5 GSPS Internal Sampling Rate
- Integrated Decimation Filter adjusts
- Output Sampling Rate
- 20 MHz Full Performance Bandwidth
- 16-bit Resolution
- 2.0Vpp Full Scale Range
- Resistive input impedance
- Performance @ Fin=10MHz:
- SNR= 75dBFS
- SNDR= 74dBFS
- THD = 78dBc @ Ain = -1dBFS
- SFDR = 80dBc @ Ain = -1dBFS
- ENOB = 12bit
- Channel Isolation > 75dB
- 1.8V analog and 1.0V digital supplies
- Stand-By and Power-Down Modes
- 40nm TSMC CRN40G process
- 7 metals used
- TGO and LVT options used
- The ADX20M16B40G IP building block is integral part of the Scalinx Smart Conversion Platform.
- The use of the Smart Conversion Platform reduces system development cost for data converter projects with analog bandwidths between 5 MHz and 600 MHz.
- The Smart Conversion Platform uses wideband CT Δ∑ ADC technology. This enables solutions where bandwidth vs. resolution trade-off as well as signal filters are implemented in programmable digital circuitry.
- The flexibility and programmability ingredients of the Smart Conversion Platform combined with appropriate IP functional blocks furnish fast and flexile path to single hardware solution for various specifications.
- These features make the Smart Conversion Platform an ideal starting-point for digitizer ASIC projects demanding high analog bandwidths.
- Test & Measurement, Defense & Aerospace, Fixed and Mobile Communications