The Xelic Optical Transport Network (OTN) Dual ODU0 Mapper/Demapper performs mapping/demapping of two 1000 BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet signals encapsulated in transparent GFP frames to/from a single OTN ODU1 frame format or two independent ODU0 data streams. Independent mapper and demapper functions are included for a single dual Gigabit Ethernet slice with support for expansion to N slices through VHDL generics.
The Dual ODU0 Mapper contains 2 GFP delineators with idle removal capability, 2 ODU0 framers (XCO0 core transmit processors) with internal FIFO and GMP mapping, and an ODTU01 multiplexer (XCO01MX core transmit processor). The GFP delineators process independent 1000 BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet signals encapsulated in Transparent GFP frames and remove all GFP idles detected. The GFP delineator identifies valid GFP Frame Core Header boundaries used for internal state machine transitions. An SSF signal is asserted when the frame delineator is not in the SYNC STATE of operation. The ODU0 transmit processors insert OTU, ODU, and OPU overhead information for generated ODU0 frames with GMP mapped payloads received from the GFP delineators. Each ODU0 framer contains an LOS input which is used to optionally generate ODU0 AIS when connected to the GFP delineator SSF output signal. Programmable payload support includes PRBS and fixed byte insertion for test purposes. The ODUT01 transmit processor performs tributary timeslot interleaving of two independent ODU0 data streams and maps them into an ODU1 frame structure. OPU1 overhead insertion includes Payload Structure Identifier (PSI), justification overhead and reserved fields. A test mode is available to insert PRBS data into any of the 2 ODU0 frame timeslots.
The Dual ODU0 Demapper contains an ODTU01 multiplexer (XCO01MX core receive processor), 2 ODU0 framers (XCO0 core receive processors) with internal FIFO and payload processing, and 2 GFP delineators with idle insertion capability. The XCO01MX Receive Processor contains a frame position counter synchronized to incoming FAS and MFAS frame indicators. OPU1 overhead is extracted from incoming frames and interpreted with various error conditions reported to an internal maskable interrupt register. Positive and negative justifications are detected and reported though internal interrupts. Tributary timeslot de-interleaving is performed on incoming frames and ODU0 frames are de-mapped and delivered to two internal FIFO structures. The XCO0 Receive Processors contains a configurable frame alignment unit with programmable options for OOF/OOM and LOF/LOM algorithm state transitions. Incoming ODU frames are de-scrambled (optional) and aligned for OTN overhead processing. Frame alignment signal overhead is interpreted to detect and report various conditions which include OOF, LOF, LOA, OOM, LOM, and LOMA. ODU AIS, ODU LCK, ODU OCI and client generic AIS maintenance signals are detected with optional interrupt generation. Payload data is extracted to an internal FIFO and delivered to the GFP delineators. The GFP delineators process independent 1000 BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet signals encapsulated in Transparent GFP frames and insert GFP idles for rate adaptation. An SSF signal is asserted when the frame delineator is not in the SYNC STATE of operation.
Various performance counters (configurable for error sync mode) are provided for the ODU0 framers and ODTU01 Multiplexer cores. All counters are configurable for saturating latch and clear operation or periodic error sync autoupdate mode. The GFP delineators do not contain counters or any internal registers.
A 16-bit generic register interface for access and configuration of internal memory mapped locations is included.
- Implements 16-bit register interface for programming of internal registers.
- Complies with ITU-T G.709 and ITU-T G.798 specifications.
- Supports transmit and receive facility and terminal loopback configurations.
- Mapper (2xGFP Delineator with Idle Removal + 2xODU0 Framer + ODTU01MX)
- Accepts two client side 1000 BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet signals encapsulated in transparent GFP frames and performs GFP frame delineation and idle removal before being passed built into ODU0 frames.
- Inserts ODU0 frame alignment signal information with a programmable corruption option.
- Flexible insertion and extraction of ODU, and OPU overhead byte information.
- Supports corruption capability through internal register programming for debug or test purposes.
- Provides optional scrambling (1 + x + x3 + x12 + x16) with polynomial corruption capability for diagnostics.
- Inserts OTU SM, GCC0, and RES overhead through internal register control or an external overhead port.
- Inserts ODU RES, TCM ACT, FTFL, PM, EXP, GCC1, GCC2, and APS/PCC overhead through internal register control or an external overhead port.
- Provides 6 levels of tandem connection overhead insertion.
- Programmable positive (1x and 2x) and negative justification (1x and 2x) counters provided for asynchronous 1000 BASE-X payload types with user defined interval or errored second accumulation.
- Optionally inserts ODU AIS, ODU LCK, ODU OCI and client generic AIS maintenance signals.
- Provides 2 independent ODU0 signals or a single ODU01 multiplexed ODU1 frame format at the line side interface.
- Optional ODU01 multiplexer performs OPU1 tributary timeslot interleaving and mapping of 2 ODU0 frames.
- Demapper (ODTU01MX + 2xODU0 Framer + 2xGFP Delineator with Idle Insert)
- Accepts optional line side ODU1 or dual ODU0 frame formats.
- Performs ODU0 frame alignment with programmable OOF/OOM and LOF/LOM detection.
- Detects FAS OOF, LOF, LOA, OOM, LOM, and LOMA conditions with optional interrupt generation.
- Provides saturating counters with programmable latch and clear or incoming error sync capture configurations.
- Provides independent performance counters for the accumulation of OOF and OOM errors with optional interrupt generation for OOF and OOM error detection.
- Interprets and extracts OTU SM, GCC0 and RES overhead information to internal register locations with programmable accept and inconsistent maskable interrupt capability.
- Interprets and extracts ODU RES, TCM ACT, TCM (support for up to 6 levels of tandem connection monitoring), PM, EXP, GCC1, GCC2, and APS/PCC overhead information to internal register locations with programmable accept and inconsistent maskable interrupt capability.
- Provides independent performance counters for the accumulation BIP-8, and BEI errors (SM, TCMi, PM), with optional interrupt generation.
- Performs GFP delineation for two independent 1000 BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet signals encapsulated in transparent GFP frames received from ODU0 framers and performs rate adaptation through GFP idle insertion at the client side interface.