The Creonic DVB-RCS2 modulator is a low-complexity high-performance solution that allows for symbol rates of up to 160 MSymb/s on state-of-the-art FPGAs. The IP core performs all tasks of the inner transmitter and complements the Creonic DVB-RCS2 receiver solutions (DVB-RCS2 demapper and DVB-RCS2 turbo decoder).
DVB-RCS2 is the first standard to adopt the high performance 16-states turbo codes. New modulation schemes (8-PSK and 16-QAM) help to increase spectral efficiency even further. The outstanding error correction performance of the DVB-RCS2 turbo code makes it the ideal candidate for further applications where high spectral efficiency is key for lowering costs.
- Compliant with ETSI EN 301 545 -2 V1.2.1 (2014 – 04) (DVB-RCS2)
- Supports BPSK, QPSK, 8-PSK, 16-QAM
- Supports all linear modulation burst waveforms of Annex A
- Easy-to-use AXI4-Stream input/output/configuration interfaces.
- Provides interpolated and gain-adjusted ZF basebend signal.
- Frame-to-frame configuration of waveform ID.
- The modulator contains scrambler, CRC encoder, turbo encoder, framer, bit mapper, baseband filter, and gain adjustment.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
- Satellite communication (Return Channel, Interactive Services, Professional Services)
Block Diagram of the DVB-RCS2 Modulator IP Core