The AHA4709D LDPC/BCH forward error correction (FEC) decoder core supports all codes, frame sizes, and interleave schemes set forth in the DVB-S2X specifications for broadcast, interactive, digital satellite news gathering, professional services, and very-low signal-to-noise ratio (VL-SNR) applications. The core allows code and modulation changes on a block-by-block basis to fully support both Adaptive Coding Modulation (ACM) and Variable Coding Modulation (VCM).
The AHA4709D decoder core extends the functionality of the AHA4702 DVB-S2 family of cores by adding finer step MODCODs, new lower-order (BPSK) and higher-order (64, 128, 256 APSK) modulations, a medium 32K block size, and new bit interleaving patterns. The Es/N0 performance at frame error rates of 10^-5 spans from -2.85 to 19.57 dB for 64k blocks and from -9.9 to 12.18 dB for 32K/16K blocks.
- DVB-S2-X compliant
- ACM and VCM compliant
- Supports all original DVB-S2 MODCODs plus all additional DVB-S2X MODCODs
- Supports VL-SNR codes
- 16K, 32K and 64K block sizes
- 1 to 8 bits / symbol
- Low implementation loss (<0.1dB) with some codes outperforming spec by up to 0.25dB!
- Complete documentation
- Synthesized netlist
- Netlist or encrypted source for simulation
- Bit accurate C/Matlab models
- Spreadsheet for calculating iterations vs. throughput
- 40 hours of engineering support
- Broadcast TV, HDTV, UHDTV
- Satellite communications
- Microwave communications
- Cellular backhaul