The Creonic DVB-S2X high performance wideband modulator performs all tasks of an inner transmitter. The modulator expects BBFrames after mode adaptation as input and performs stream adaptation, FEC encoding, mapping, PL framing and modulation. In addition, the core can perform baseband interpolation and output gain adjustment. The output of the core is designed to be followed by a DAC and RF front end.
- Compliant with DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X
- Supports ACM, CCM, and VCM modes
- Support for short and normal frames (16,200 bits and 64,800 bits)
- Support for QPSK to 256-APSK,
- VLSNR modes on request
- Validated against the field-proven Creonic DVB-S2X demodulator and decoder IP cores.
- Easy-to-use mode adaptation input interface.
- Provides interpolated and gain-adjusted ZF baseband signal.
- The modulator contains padder, BB scrambler, BCH encoder, LDPC encoder, bit interleaver, bit mapper, dummy PL frame insertion, PL signalling, pilot insertion,
- PL scrambler, baseband filter, interpolator, and gain adjustment.
- Can be complemented with the Creonic DVB-CID modulator.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Memory-mapped interface for controlling and for retrieving status information.
- Flexible output interface, which can be driven by an external clock for easy synchronization with DAC.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- VHDL source code or synthesized netlist
- HDL simulation models
- Bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++
- simulation model
- Comprehensive documentation
- Satellite Communications
- Digial Video Broadcasting
- Interactive Services
- Professional Services
- News Gathering
Block Diagram of the DVB-S2X Wideband Modulator IP Core