This DVB-Satellite Modulator is an integrated core featuring our DVB-S/-DSNG modulator and DVBS2/- S2X modulator cores. core provides all the functionality required to address the requirements of the ETSI forward-link satellite Standards EN 300 421 (DVB-S), EN 301 210 (DSNG), EN 302 307-1 (DVB-S2) and EN 302 307-2 (DVB-S2X). The core can operate in a constant-coding-andmodulation (CCM) mode for all Standards and in the enhanced variable-coding-and-modulation (VCM) and adaptive-coding-and-modulation (ACM) modes provided by DVB-S2 and DVBS2X. This core provides all the necessary processing steps to modulate a single transport stream (or baseband-frame in the case of DVB-S2/-S2X) into a complex I/Q signal for input to a pair of DACs, or an interpolating DAC device such as the AD9857. Optionally, the output can be selected as an IF to supply a single DAC. The active DVB-S/-DSNG FEC code-rate is controlled via a control register. The active DVB-S2/-S2X FEC code-rate and frame-size are defined by the mod_cod and type parameters associated with each TS packet (or input-frame) and are controlled through the external mode control ports, or optionally from a control register for CCM applications. The design has been optimised to provide excellent
- Fully compliant with ETSI EN 302 307-1 / 302 307-2, ETSI EN 301 210 and ETSI EN 300 421.
- Variable sample-rate interpolation provides ultra-flexible clocking strategy.
- Integrated DVB-S channel coder.
- Optional DVB-DSNG support.
- Optional simultaneous DVB-CID modulation.
- Support for CCM, VCM and ACM modes.
- Compatible with Broadcast, DSNG, Interactive and Professional DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X profiles.
- QPSK, 8-PSK, 16-APSK and 32-APSK supported.
- 64-APSK, 128-APSK and 256-APSK supported.
- Short (16kb) and normal (64kb) frames.
- Frames with/without intra-frame pilots.
- Automatic dummy-frame insertion.
- Integrated LDPC channel coder.
- Configurable for either low-latency or high-throughput encoding.
- Extension core available for SPI/ASI interface with integrated PCR TS restamping.
- Seamless integration with Altera ASI megacore when using SPI/ASI extension core in broadcast CCM mode.
- Optional internal IF conversion.
- Optional noise interference source.
- AD9857/AD9957 interface and autoprogramming support.
- Modes that are not required may be removed with synthesis options to generate a compact, efficient design.
- Designed for very efficient FPGA implementation without compromise to the targeting of gate array or standard cell structures.
- Supplied as a protected bitstream or netlist (Megacore for Altera FPGA targets).
Block Diagram of the DVB-Satellite Modulator IP Core