The PMCC_EAMD12G is designed to directly drive the inputs of EA or MZ Modulators or EML devices at data-rates up-to 11.3Gbps. The driver features programmable output voltage swing as well as monitoring, crossing point control, and programmable output DC offset (bias). The IP block is designed using Jazz SiGe120 (SBC18HX) process. Modulator driver features fully differential architecture. I/O signal levels, control functions and features can be customized upon special agreement.
- Data-rates from 1.25Gb/s to 11.3Gb/s.
- Single –5.2V Power Supply
- Programmable output voltage from
- 1Vp-p to 3Vp-p Single ended and from
- 2Vp-p to 6Vp-p differential
- Programmable EAM bias voltage up to 1V
- Crossing point control
- Selectable data retiming
- 90deg at 11.3Gb/s clock phase stepping
- 25ps typical rise/fall-time
- Data polarity invert
- Output Level Monitoring
- Selectable NRZM encoding
- Power consumption: 1W
- EA/MZ Modulator Driver is intended for Electro Absorption and MZ Modulators and DFB lasers in Fiber optic communications. The driver can also find application in as a broadband high output swing Limiting Amplifiers from DC to 12Gb/s.
- GDS II file
- Netlist for Spectre simulation
- Layout and Schematic (DRC & LVS) verification reports
- Complete macro datasheet
- Macro integration/application notes
- Design kit and software related information
- Optional deliverables are:
- Library containing entire hierarchy of macro schematic and layout cells
- Extracted views containing parasitic components from layout
- Verilog-A model replicating macro functionally
- Simulation test-benches
- Optional components specific to macro: biasing, specialized I/Os, glue-logic, transmission lines etc.