Northwest Logic’s Error Correction Coding (ECC) Core implements the standard Hamming Code based DRAM Single Error Correction (SEC) and Double Error Detection (DED) algorithm. This algorithm generates an 8 bit ECC word for a 64 bit data
The core consists of an ECC generation path as well as ECC
detection and correction. ECC correction is possible for single
bit errors occurring in one of combined 72 data and check bits.
ECC detection is possible for errors in two of the combined 72
data and check bits.
Various status information is provided to the user including
whether an error was detected on a single bit or two bits. The
bit position of the error is provided for the case of a single bit
The Read-Modify-Write (RMW) Core can be used in conjunction
with the ECC Core when dealing with misaligned bursts. An
ECC code word must be calculated over an entire data word.
Misaligned bursts can have partial data words at the front and
back end of the burst.
To calculate the correct ECC code word, the Read-ModifyWrite
Core forms the correct starting and ending data words by
reading the existing data words and combining them appropriately
with the new partial data words.
Northwest Logic also provides IP Core customization services.
Contact Northwest Logic for a quote.
- Implements 8-bit error correction code for 64-bit data bus
- Error check path implements single error correction (SEC) and double error detection (DED)
- Error flags provide data on what kind of error occurred (1-bit or 2-bit)
- Bit position of the error is provided for single-bit errors
- Pipelined design enables highspeed operation
- Source code available
- Customization and Integration services available
- Core (Netlist or Source Code)
- Testbench (Source Code)
- Complete Documentation
- Expert Technical Support & Maintenance Updates