eSPI controlller is full-featured, easy-to-use, synthesizable design, compatible with standard protocol of standard eSPI specification.Through its eSPI compatibility,it provides a simple interface to a wide range of low-cost devices.eSPI controller IIP is proven in FPGA environment.The host interface of the eSPI controller can be simple interface or can be AMBA APB, AMBA AHB, AMBA AXI, VCI, OCP, Avalon, PLB, Tilelink,Wishbone or Custom protocol.
eSPI CONTROLLER IIP is supported natively in Verilog and VHDL
- Compliant with eSPI base specification as defined in Enhanced Serial Peripheral Interface (eSPI) Specification rev.1.0.
- Supports Master and Slave Modes
- Supports Single, Dual and Quad modes
- Supports TX and RX operation as per specs
- Supports below transaction phases
- Command Phase
- Turn-Around Phase
- Response Phase
- Supports baud rate selection
- Supports Slave triggered transaction
- Supports Power management Event
- Supports Interrupts and Alert
- Supports In-band reset
- Supports below multiple channels
- Peripheral Channel
- Virtual Wires Channel
- Run-time Flash Access Channel
- Various kind of Master and Slave errors detection and handling
- Supports CRC checking
- Fully synthesizable.
- Static synchronous design.
- Positive edge clocking and no internal tri-states
- Scan test ready
- Simple interface allows easy connection to Microprocessor/Microcontroller devices
- Single Site license option is provided to companies designing in a single site.
- Multi Sites license option is provided to companies designing in multiple sites.
- Single Design license allows implementation of the IP Core in a single FPGA bitstream and ASIC.
- Unlimited Designs, license allows implementation of the IP Core in unlimited number of FPGA bitstreams and ASIC designs.
- The eSPI CONTROLLER interface is available in Source and netlist products.
- The Source product is delivered in verilog.If needed, VHDL and SystemC can also be provided
- Easy to use Verilog Test Environment with Verilog Testcases
- Lint, CDC, Synthesis, Simulation Scripts with waiver files
- IP-XACT RDL generated address map
- Firmware code and linux driver package
- Documentation contains User's Guide and Release notes.
Block Diagram of the eSPI Controller IP Core