Ethernet AVB has been merged with the AXI TEMAC IP and AXI Ethernet IP. Please see those respective web pages for current Ethernet AVB documentation and support.
The Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Endpoint core is ideally suited for the development of broadcast, professional and consumer, automotive, and home networking applications.
Ethernet Audio Video Bridging is an emerging IEEE 802.1 standard designed by Audio Video Bridging (AVB) group to provide a reliable, high quality of service and low latency solution for streaming media. It is a low cost enhancement to standard 802.3 Ethernet functionality. Xilinx Ethernet AVB Endpoint core allows you to be on the cutting edge of this evolutionary technology while providing flexibility to make modifications to conform to any future standard changes. The Xilinx Ethernet AVB core is a parameterizable core, that operates at 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps. The Ethernet AVB Endpoint seamlessly connects to the Xilinx embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC (TEMAC) for a highly flexible solution. The Ethernet AVB Endpoint is delivered through the Xilinx Core Generator™ tool and is part of the comprehensive suite of Xilinx Ethernet solutions.
- Ethernet AVB has been merged as a licensed feature in TEMAC v5.2 and higher
- Designed to the following IEEE specifications: P802.1AS, P802.1Qav
- Supports AVB Endpoint talker and/or listener functionality
- Seamless connection to the Xilinx Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC
- Supports Ethernet speeds of 100 MB/s and 1Gbps
- Software drivers included to implement P802.1AS