Gigabit Ethernet has become the leading choice for routing data around today’s cars as they become increasingly complex automotive computing platforms. To meet the needs for flexible, high-speed data transport and automotive safety, we have designed the Imagination Ethernet Packet Processor Switch and Router products with a range of powerful features and options.
Imagination’s Ethernet Packet Processors (EPP) IP is a family of scalable multi-port IEEE 802.3 Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Switch and Router solutions. Silicon proven, the IP is specifically designed to meet the demanding communications requirements for high-performance managed and unmanaged multi-port switches and routers and is ideally suited for the automotive sector and other network processing markets.
Functional safety is an essential requirement for many automotive applications that demand a high level of reliability and Imagination is investing in the broadest functional safety solutions in the industry. The EPP is designed with functional safety in mind and will make it easier for SoC manufacturers to achieve the Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL) that are classified by the ISO 26262 standard for automotive safety.
- Scalable architecture 80+ Gbps
- Multi-port, multi-gigabit functionality
- Developed for use in automotive and industrial applications
- Safety package
- Audio Video Bridging (AVB) and Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) support
- Complex functions like QoS, Traffic management and buffer management in hardware
- Fast path / Slow path architecture
- Embedded DMA engine for Host Interface with 4/8/16 channels
- Validation Platform
- Silicon-proven solution that minimises risk and reduces time-to-market
- Multiple products can be created from one IP core
- Easy integration into an SoC