sureCore’s EverOn™ Single Port Synchronous Ultra Low Voltage SRAM IP combines high-density foundry bitcells with sureCore’s low-voltage and low-power peripheral circuits, resulting in a memory that can operate from a single supply rail at voltages down to the bitcell retention voltage.
It allows for easy integration of memory into SoC designs using dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS) and/or near-threshold operation. The wide operating voltage range of the memory means that it can use the logic power supply, with no need for a separate SRAM supply, or for level shifters between memory and logic.
sureCore’s “SMART-Assist” technology allows robust read and write operation down to the retention voltage. Further architectural innovations include subdividing the memory into four banks, which in conjunction with enhanced sleep modes, provide greater system level flexibility. Each bank can be independently set to be active, or in light sleep, deep sleep or power off modes, and the periphery also has its own active, light sleep, deep sleep and power off modes. These power saving modes provide greater flexibility to tailor product performance around operational needs and to extend battery life – ideal characteristics for cutting edge wearable and Internet of Things applications.
- Low operating voltage (down to the SRAM cell retention voltage)
- Low active power
- Multiple sleep modes for leakage management
- No need for separate SRAM power supply in DVFS or near-threshold designs – SRAM can operate from the logic supply.
- Simple integration into SoCs – no need for a separate SRAM power supply, or level shifters between logic and memory.
- Targets applications where driving down power consumption is critical including “Keep Alive” design scenarios. Leveraging our “SMART-Assist” technology enables SRAM operation at near-threshold bit cell retention voltages