IP-ALFFT soft core is the unit to perform the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). It performs one dimensional N -point radix two FFT, where N = 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048. The data and coefficient widths are tunable in the range 8 to 16.
- N -point radix-2 FFT, where N = 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048.
- Forward and inverse FFT.
- Butterfly is implemented for 2 clock cycles in pipelined mode.
- Input data, output data, and coefficient width are parametrisable in range 8 to 16.
- One and two data memory blocks are selected.
- 1024 –point FFT for 16 bit data and coefficient width is calculated on Virtex100-6 FPGA at 60 MHz clock cycle with 1 and 2 data memory blocks for 113.6 us and 103.3 us, respectively.
- 1024 –point FFT for 16 bit data and coefficients, and 1 data memory block occupies 700 CLB slices and 8 Block_Select_RAMs
- Block floating point arithmetic supports the high calculation precision, 1024 –point FFT for 16 bit data and coefficients are computed with 80 db signal to noise ratio.
- Structure optimized for Xilinx Virtex™, SpartanII™ FPGA devices.