The all new Arm Cortex-A family of Automotive Enhanced (AE) high performance processors is designed for devices undertaking complex and demanding safety critical tasks. Arm Cortex-A76AE brings highest levels of safety with Split-Lock capability which includes the ability for Dual Core Lock-Step (DCLS), while delivering uncompromising performance and thermal efficiency. It is the processor of choice for next generation Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving systems.
- Flexibility with Split-Lock
- Switch between split mode for performance for highest multicore performance with ASIL B hardware metrics or lock mode for safety for advanced multicore fault-tolerance with ASIL D hardware metrics. Provide additional flexibility for future mixed-criticality applications.
- Thermal Efficiency
- Contains the latest state-of-the-art microarchitecture features that deliver greater single-thread integer, floating-point, memory and ML performance. Executes workloads with sustained performance within constrained power envelopes.
- Superscalar Processor Core
- The superscalar processor core decodes, issues, and executes more instructions than our previous generations. Enhancements also include full out-of-order processing, non-blocking high-throughput L1 caches, and advanced instruction and data prefetching.
- Cortex-A76AE delivers substantial gains in peak performance and contributes towards the highest Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) standards required for fully autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Automation
- Cortex-A76AE supports the critical functional safety required to operate autonomous robots that use machine learning and vision systems to enable them to work with less human control, or to operate in environments too harsh for humans.
- Cortex-A76AE supports DCLS and has been designed on Arm’s advanced Safety Ready process for functional safety, making it suitable for aviation standards.