This macro-cell is a flexible general purpose oscillator core designed for TSMC 40nm CRN40LP CMOS technology. This IP can be customized upon customer request.
The customized CM4018hlf IP oscillates at a specific frequency selected between 200kHz and 20MHz, and consumes a proportional quiescent current (typ. 1.8μA to 13μA). An external 1.3μA bias current is required for proper operation, this can be implemented with Chipus CM1218hl voltage & current reference IP. A 4-bit digital bus allows frequency calibration against process variations with ±2.5% precision.
The core is easily retargeted to any other CMOS technology
due to its MOSFET-only oscillator architecture.
- Supply voltage from 1.0–1.2V
- Oscillating Frequency 200kHz-20MHz
- Load capacitance: < 100fF
- Precision ±2.5% (after trimming)
- 4-bit process trimming
- Low current (typ. 2−13 μA@1.1V)
- Indicative area: 0.0022mm2
- Datasheet/Integration Guide
- HDL Model
- Flat GDSII database/LVS netlist
- Customer Support
- Battery powered equipment
- General Purpose ICs
Block Diagram of the Flexible 200kHz-20MHz Oscillator - Customizable frequency, Low Power in TSMC 40nm