The DCDC Controller is for use with external power MOSFETs in applications requiring high performance power supplies, with high currents (e.g. CPU).
The Power Switches can be integrated on chip if a lower load current is used.
The controller features integrated over-current protection and in-rush current limitation for robustness, and features a programmable output voltage from 0.72V to 1.20V with finer steps around the default output level (1.0V/0.9V). The output voltage range can also be changed on request (e.g. to drive I/O padrings).
The controller has a programmable switching frequency to enable optimization of efficiency in conjunction with chosen external components.
The DCDC Controller IP contains internal supply regulators and oscillator which can be removed if not required in order to save power and area.
The DCDC Controller can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- TSMC 28nm CMOS Process
- Single Power Supply from 1.71V to 3.45V
- Output Voltage Range from 0.72V to 1.20V
- Programmable Output Voltage
- IOUT of up to 3A
- Start-Up Time <3ms
- In-rush Current Limitation
- Over-Current Protection
- Continuous Conduction and Discontinuous Conduction/Low Power Modes of Operation
- Flexible Power-Good Indication
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Digital and Analog Test Modes
- Compact Die Area
Block Diagram of the DCDC Controller - TSMC 28nm