The E-Ray Module is the FlexRay Communication Controller IP-module from Bosch that can be realized as a stand-alone device, as part of an ASIC or as a FPGA. It performs communication according to the FlexRay protocol specification v2.1.
For communication on a FlexRay network, individual message buffers with up to 254 data bytes are configured. The message storage consists of a single-ported Message RAM that holds up to 128 Message Buffers. All functions concerning the handling of messages are implemented in the Message Handler. Those functions are the acceptance filtering, the transfer of messages between the two FlexRay Protocol Controllers and the Message RAM, maintaining the transmission schedule as well as providing message status information.
The register set of the E-Ray module can be accessed directly by an external CPU via the modules Host interface. These registers are used to control/configure/monitor the FlexRay Protocol Controllers, Message Handler, Global Timing Unit, System Universal Control, Frame and Symbol Processing, Network Management, Interrupt Control, and to access the Message RAM via Input / Output Buffer.
The E-Ray Module can be connected to a wide range of customer-specific Host CPUs via its 8/16/32-bit Generic CPU Interface.
- Conform with protocol specification v2.1
- Data rates of up to 10 MBit/s on each channel
- Configurable Message RAM supports
- Up to 128 Message Buffers
- Up to maximum payload of 254 Bytes
- Different payload lengths possible
- One configurable Receive FIFO
- Each Message Buffer can be configured as Receive Buffer, as Transmit Buffer or as part of the Receive FIFO
- Host access to Message Buffers via Input and Output buffer
- Filtering for Frame ID, Channel ID, and Cycle Counter
- Network Management supported
- Maskable module interrupt
- 8/16/32-bit generic CPU Interface, connectable to customer-specific Host CPUs
- Full FlexRay IP-Module including Message Handling
- Most widely used FlexRay IP Module
- 100% successfully conformance tested
- Driver support by established companies
- Well documented VHDL source code
- VHDL Testbench
- User's Manual (programmer's view)
- Module Integration Guide (designer's view)
- Conformance Test Report
Block Diagram of the FlexRay Communication Controller IP-module IP Core