H.264, High 10 Intra Profile Encoder
Despite its small size, the H264-E-HIS implements a highly efficient intra-frame compression engine. When measured at the same bit rate, the video quality of the compressed streams it produces exceeds that of Motion-JPEG and is similar to or better than the video quality of Motion JPEG2000. Being intra-coded, the produced H.264 streams feature high error resilience, allow for random access in the compressed stream, and ease video editing. Furthermore, the core can output both Variable Bit-Rate (VBR) and Constant Bit Rate (CBR) video. The core autonomously produces VBR streams, while CBR streams can be produced when quantization is externally adjusted on frame boundaries.
The core was designed for ease of use and integration. Once initially programmed, it compresses an arbitrary number of frames without any assistance from the host processor. Moreover, the core does not require any external memory (such as an off-chip DRAM) for its operation, and features FIFO-like flow-controllable interfaces for the pixel and compressed stream data. The core is optionally delivered with a raster-to-block converter, and bridges to AXI-Stream or Avalon Streaming interfaces.
Customers can further decrease their time to market by using CAST’s integration services to receive complete video encoding subsystems. These integrate the encoder core with video and networking interface controllers, networking stacks, or other CAST or third-party IP cores.
View H.264, High 10 Intra Profile Encoder full description to...
- see the entire H.264, High 10 Intra Profile Encoder datasheet
- get in contact with H.264, High 10 Intra Profile Encoder Supplier
Block Diagram of the H.264, High 10 Intra Profile Encoder IP Core
- Enhanced Multi-Format Encoder Supporting AV1
- Up To 5 MPixel Multi-Format Encoder
- 1080p60 Multi-Format Decoder IP
- 4K/8K Scalable Multi-Format Video Decoding IP Core
- H.264 High Profiles Encoder - High 10, High 4:2:2 and High 4:4:4 (12 bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0) Profiles
- H.264 Baseline Encoder with compressed reference frame store