The HSM IP module is a Hardware Security Module for automotive applications. It is developed, validated and licensed by Silex Insight (partner of Xilinx) as an FPGA-based IP solution dedicated to the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC platform.
As the connectivity of industrial systems, cars and their subsystems (like ADAS, autonomous driving, infotainment) is growing, so is the need for data integrity and system authentication. A very important aspect of this embedded security is a hardware security module (HSM), a security enclave that provides secure key management and cryptographic processing.
This HSM IP module removes the need for a dedicated HSM device and it incorporates 2 solutions:
• The HSM hardware IP, to be implemented in programmable logic and ready to interface with with the Zynq UltraScale+ processing system.
• A software stack containing the HSM firmware, HSM driver code and an interface layer allowing integration into the AUTOSAR framework.
Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC platform
The XA Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC family from Xilinx is automotive qualified, enabling development of safety critical ADAS and Autonomous Driving Systems.
Its low-power domain has been certified to meet ISO 26262 ASIL-C level requirements by Exida, an accredited certification companies specializing in automation and automotive system safety and security.
- Secure key provisioning
- Secure key storage
- Secure counter
- Flexible anti-tampering
- Easy to integrate (AXI interface)
- Cryptographic operations offload
- PK engine
- Symmetric engine
- Random number generator
- Flexible and scalable platform
- Supports ISO26262
- The hardware security module can be scaled and configured to match any requirement, even for the most demanding applications. The size and performance of the solution can be adapted for a perfect application fit while leaving room in the FPGA for other critical applications.
- FPGA netlist or encrypted RTL
- HSM firmware
- HSM driver
- Self-checking testbench
- Simulation model
- Reference simulation script
- Reference implementation script
- AD/ADAS security
- Infotainment security
- Radar/LiDAR security
Block Diagram of the Hardware Security Module (HSM) for Automotive