The HSM IP module is a Hardware Security Module for a wide range of applications. It is developed, validated and licensed by Silex Insight (partner of Xilinx) as an FPGA-based IP solution dedicated to the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC platform.
As the connectivity of industrial systems is growing, so is the need for data integrity and system authentication. A very important aspect of this embedded security is a hardware security module (HSM), a security enclave that provides secure key management and cryptographic processing.
This HSM IP module removes the need for a dedicated HSM device and it incorporates 2 solutions:
- The HSM hardware IP, to be implemented in programmable logic and ready to interface with with the Zynq UltraScale+ processing system.
- A software stack containing the HSM firmware, HSM driver code and an interface layer allowing integration.
Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC platform
Xilinx’s SoC portfolio integrates the software programmability of a processor with the hardware programmability of an FPGA, providing you with unrivaled levels of system performance, flexibility, and scalability. The portfolio gives your designs overall system benefits of power reduction and lower cost with fast time to market. Unlike traditional SoC processing solutions, the flexible programmable logic provides you with optimization and differentiation, allowing you to add the peripherals and accelerators you need to adapt to a broad base of applications.
- Secure key provisioning
- Secure key storage
- Secure counter
- Flexible anti-tampering
- Easy to integrate (AXI interface)
- Cryptographic operations offload
- PK engine
- Symmetric engine
- Random number generator
- Flexible and scalable platform
- Supports ISO26262
- The hardware security module can be scaled and configured to match any requirement, even for the most demanding applications. The size and performance of the solution can be adapted for a perfect application fit while leaving room in the FPGA for other critical applications.
- FPGA netlist or encrypted RTL
- HSM firmware
- HSM driver
- Self-checking testbench
- Simulation model
- Reference simulation script
- Reference implementation script
- Smart metering
- Banking & finance
Block Diagram of the Hardware Security Module (HSM) IP Core