The Innosilicon low power, mixed signal HDMI-IPTM Transmitter provides a complete HDMI 2.0/1.4 standard compliant interface solution for delivering video and audio streams.
With a transmit rate up to 6 Gbps per link, it supports 3D and resolutions ranging from 480i to 4Kx2K@60/50Hz for UHD displays. Optimized for both area and power, this HDMI solution contains all necessary PHY components such as all the IO's, primary and secondary ESD, high performance wide range PLL along with video, audio and control processing units.
This PHY is designed with production test support in mind with BIST, loop back and boundary scan all incorporated.
Controller is also available and can be hardened into the PHY.
- Silicon proven in 12/14nm from Global Foundries
- Consumes <100mW during 4Kx2K@60/50Hz
- Compliant with HDMI 2.0/1.4(a/b)/1.3/1.2/1.1 and DVI 1.0 standards
- Data rates up to 6 Gbps per TMDS link
- Video support includes
- 3D and 4Kx2K@60/50Hz
- DTV 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p
- Color depth of 24, 30 or 36bits RGB & YcbCr
- YcbCr 4:2:0 2160p@60/50Hz
- SPDIF output supports PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS (32-1536kHz F/s) using IEC60958 and IEC 61937
- TMDS Tx Drivers are programmable for amplitude, impedance and de-emphasis
- Low jitter, multiphase 4MHz fixed bandwidth PLL
- DDC Bus I2C master interface at 3.3V
- Embedded primary and secondary ESD
- Production test supported with BIST, loop back and boundary scan
- Deliverables support all major EDA tools and contain a detailed integration guide
- Optional HDMI controller solution available
- We can provide the following deliverables to aid quick and reliable integration into the design flow. Please contact us for any additional views:
- Netlist (Spice format for LVS)
- Footprint (LEF format)
- User documentation
- Module integration guidelines
- Silicon validation report
- Evaluation board
- Set Top Box (Tx)
- DVD players (Tx)
- DVHS player and receivers (Tx)
- Digital Video and Still Camera (Tx)
Block Diagram of the HDMI2.0 Transmitter PHY/Controller GF12/14LPP