PathPartner offers universal and configurable HEVC Main profile Decoder solution on Zynq-7 series, Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale and Intel Arria-10. Evaluation versions are available on request. Performance is scalable from 1080p 30 fps 8 bit 420 decoding to 4k, 60 fps, 12-bit 422/444 decoding depending on the target platform and available resources. The decoder implementation will be well tested with standard compliant streams generated from popular encoders and is suitable for VR, video conferencing, real time video streaming and other low delay applications. Decoder is available as IP core in QuickPlay platform for evaluation and pay per use. Decoder has been tested on Xilinx Nimbix platforms.
- Universal HEVC Main profile Level-5.1 Decoder
- Modules designed for 4K 60fps requirement
- I, P, and B frame decoding
- Frame (Progressive) decoding
- All Coding Unit sizes (64x64 to 8x8)
- All Transform Unit sizes (32x32 to 4x4)
- All Intra prediction sizes and modes
- All Inter prediction unit sizes
- Quarter pixel motion compensation
- Weighted prediction
- Multi-Slice support
- Multi-Tile support
- In-loop Deblocking filter
- Sample Adaptive Offset filtering
- Constrained intra prediction
- Decoder data in YUV 4:2:0 planar format
- Under development - expected in next two quarters.
- 10-bit, 12-bit support parameter.
- Main-10 422, Main-12 422, Main-12 444 under-development.
- Asymmetric Motion Partitions (AMP)
- Temporal Layers up to 4
- PCM decoding
- Multi reference frames
- Video resolutions from 1080p to 4K
- Multithreaded implementation
- Complaint to HM11.0 version
- Decoder data in YUV 4:2:0/4:2:2 planar format
- Decoder supports error concealment and works well for ethernet based streaming and HDMI display. Decoder has been tested on Zynq 7045, VCU 108, KCU106, Inrevium KU060 and Origami B20 modules. Intel Aria-10 support is on the way. Decoder supports input and out via AXI streams. Open for complete source code licensing or as netlist.
- Easily portable on any Xilinx platform.
- Main 420 profile (Level 5.1) Universal HEVC 4K@30 fps decoder.
- 1080p@30 fps to 4K@60 fps based on target
- Scalable resource utilization based on requirement
- Includes YUV to RGB conversion for display
- Ultra-low latency
- Unmatched error concealment / resiliency on FPGA
- Optimized logic gates & B-RAM utilization
- Video surveillance
- Cloud gaming
- Video Conferencing
- Automotive Vision & Infotainment
Block Diagram of the HEVC Decoder IP Core