The 3GPP LTE Turbo Decoder IP Core V1.0 addresses the decoder implementation for the turbo coded transport channel compliant to 3GPP TS 36.212 V 10.5.0. The Turbo Decoder IP is a highly parallel and hardware efficient architecture to meet high throughputs demanded by the LTE and LTE Advanced standards and next generation large MIMO systems. The decoder exploits algebraic properties of the quadratic permutation polynomial (QPP) interleaver, to avoid memory contention issues when several MAP decoders are used in parallel.
- 3GPP LTE/ LTE Advanced (LTE A) specification complaint
- Implements decoder for requirements as defined in Section 220.127.116.11 of the specification 
- Highly parallel and hardware efficient architecture
- Supports all code block sizes i.e., 40 – 6144
- Programmable number of iterations in half iteration step
- Support for Rate 1/3 coded output
- Programmable parallelism. Option for 1,2,4,8 MAP decoders in parallel.
- De-rate matching block can be optionally included
- Employs state metric propagation to improve performance of the decoder for high coding rates
- Easy interface definition.
- Customization to AXI or Avalon bus interface supported.
- Bit accurate C and MATLAB models available for RTL test vector generation.
- HARQ feature support
- High throughput rates are supported with this implementation and is easily customizable for area/ throughput tradeoffs.
- Supports CRC computation, HARQ feature support.
- The Lekha Turbo IP core alongwith few other functions is also available packaged as a bit rate co-processor. This solution helps system designers to either use this in conjunction with a DSP or in stand alone mode on a FPGA.
- Licensable in Netlist or Verilog or VHDL source format
- Target technology – Xilinx, Altera, Lattice devices
- Test bench
- MATLAB, C, VHDL, Verilog simulation models available
- Detailed technical documentation
- Wireless Communications
- LTE/ LTE A UE Equipment
- Forward Error Correction blocks
Block Diagram of the High bit rate Turbo Decoder core for 3GPP LTE/ LTE A