SDR (Software Defined Radio) platforms have the mix of practical deployment scenarios and high performance computing platforms to scale the simulations to RF. The Jupiter HW uses TCI6638K2K System on Chip(SoC) from Texas Instrument. The SoC brings in enormous computing power to develop PHY and Higher Layer Software. There are 8 C66X DSP cores and 4 ARM cores along with several HW accelerator blocks for functions like FFT, FEC (Viterbi and Turbo), Packet Processing and Security Acceleration. More details of the SoC can be found in the SoC data sheet in TI website.
Jupiter board has 2 industry standard FMC connectors for interfacing various radio transceiver cards. FMC connectors are glued to the SoC using a high-end Xilinx Ultra Scale FPGA. The FPGA adds enormous computation power for taking care of additional HW accelerations that may be required by the application running on the SoC. Based on the choice of radio module the architecture supports up to 8 transmit and 8 receiver antenna ports. The platform can be used for building application with 4x4 MIMO and channel BW exceeding 60 MHz.
The platform’s capabilities are demonstrated using LTE eNB and UE application. The platform is supplied with example application to transmit and receive IQ sample vectors.
- The DSPs on the SOC is programmed using the Code Composer Studio, IDE from Texas Instruments.
- The ARM Cortex A15 cores are programmed with the help of GCC compilers
- FPGA code is developed using Vivado Tools from Xlinx
- Additional Optional Accessories:
- Mars Radio front end for LTE TDD/FDD band
- SMA cables
- Power Amplifier, LNA and Duplexer for Band 7
- 6 months warranty support
- Additional paid support for application development
- Binary License and Source Licenses available for LTE eNB and LTE UE.
- Jupiter Platform Board with preloaded Linux OS, BSP and FPGA Firmware(Netlist).
- USB cables and Power cables
- Example Application for Vector transmission and reception.
- Accessories include two Radio Transceiver cards.
- There are several example applications provided by semiconductor vendor for radio application development.
Block Diagram of the High end SDR for 4G/5G and large MIMO system