The PVDMP43P6G180GF is a direct conversion quadrature modulator / demodulator designed for communication systems requiring excellent linearity with the lowest power consumption in the industry. The device is optimized for wide-band applications with RF inputs ranging from 400 –3600MHz.
Benefits of the component include excellent amplitude and phase balance, low conversion loss with low noise figure, very low DC offset, and low power dissipation. Intermodulation products IM2 and IM3 can be optimized through adjustment. RF, LO and baseband interfaces are fully differential. The baseband outputs of the device can interface directly to baseband amplifiers or low-pass filters.
The excellent linearity of the PVDMP43P6G180GF direct conversion quadrature demodulator can improve receiver dynamic range and significantly reduce size and cost by eliminating the need for IF signal processing components.
Performance as a modulator is equally impressive. Excellent sideband suppression of >40dBc and carrier leakage of <-40dBm are achievable without adjustment for 900MHz applications. The on-channel LO input has a broad operating range from -6dBm to +6dBm. The modulator core operates from a 1.8V power supply while providing an OIP3 of +21dBm and OIP2 of +60dBm along with a P1dB of +7dBm at 900MHz. The LO path uses a +3V power supply that can be regulated as low as 2.85V.
- Low power consumption: <130mW
- Operating RF Frequency:400 MHz to 3600 MHz
- IQ Demodulator
- Highest Linearity in class:IIP3 +30dBm, IIP2 +70dBm typ.
- Input Compression: IP1dB +14dBm / +21dBm (HLC)
- Low insertion loss: 2.2dB @ 900MHz
- Noise Figure: 3.1dB @ 900MHz
- Phase Accuracy: 1° typical
- Amplitude imbalance: 0.05dB typical
- IQ Modulator
- CDMA ACPR -64dBc / -88dBc
- Carrier Leakage: - 42dBm @ 900MHz
- Sideband suppression: 40dBc typical
- 1dB output compression: +7dBm @ 900MHz
- OIP3 +21dBm, OIP2 +60dBm @ 900MHz
- Output return loss: 12dB
- Netlist (CDL)
- Layout View (GDS2)
- Abstract View (LEF)
- Behavioral Modeling (1)
- Verification Report (1)
- Test Bench with Configurations (1)
- Evaluation Board (1)
- Integration Support
- Note 1: These services are optional upon customer request
- LTE, W-CDMA base station receivers/transmitters
- Digital pre-distortion (DPD)
- RF-Identification (RFID)
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Wireless Local Loop (WLL)
- High Linearity Direct Conversion Systems