ZSP420 is an energy efficient DSP core ideal for voice and audio applications that require a balance between area, performance and power. Target products include tablets, handsets, smart phones, toys, hearing aids, VoIP phones, audio players, VoIP gateway and other embedded DSP and control applications.
For cost-sensitive products, ZSP420 can serve as both a power efficient DSP as well as the controller, eliminating the need for an expensive microcontroller in the system.
- Dual-mac superscalar DSP core capable of executing up to 4 instructions per cycle.
- High precision multiplication with 40 bit accumulation.
- Compact instruction set
- Most instructions execute in 1 ZSP clock cycle, resulting in the best performance and power efficiency.
- Tightly coupled instruction and data memory with a total of 256KB of address space
- Instruction and data caches
- AHB interface
- Multiple low power modes of operation
- Integrated low latency interrupt controller, timers and optional peripherals.
- Based on scalable ZSP superscalar architecture – reuse software as application evolves
- Compiler friendly architecture - orthogonal instruction set
- Very good code density
- Optimal balance of performance, power and area to meet the most stringent application requirements.
- Easy to use, easy to program
- Broad portfolio of optimized field proven application software, cutting edge development tools, complete ecosystem and exceptional services to help users from concept to market.