ZSP800 combines the required performance with optimal power to handle complex signal processing and control tasks for mobile baseband processing in wireless handsets (2G, 3G, 4G), modem cards, home entertainment devices like DTV, HDTV, set-top box, Blu-ray DVD players. With the high performance available ZSP800 is also ideal for VoIP CPE/gateway devices and also high end IP phones and Speaker phones with advanced features.
- Quad-mac superscalar DSP core capable of executing up to 5 instructions per cycle.
- High precision multiplication with 72 bit accumulation.
- Compact instruction set
- High speed Z.Turbo coprocessor port to allow user-defined extensions
- Most instructions execute in 1 ZSP clock cycle, resulting in the best performance and power efficiency
- 8GB addressable space
- Tightly coupled instruction and data memory
- AXI interface
- Multiple low power modes of operation
- Integrated low latency interrupt controller, DMA, serial ports, timers and optional peripherals
- Based on scalable ZSP superscalar architecture – reuse software as application evolves
- Compiler friendly architecture - orthogonal instruction set
- Very good code density
- Optimal balance of performance, power and area to meet the most stringent application requirements
- Easy to use, easy to program
- Broad portfolio of optimized field proven application software, cutting edge development tools, complete ecosystem and exceptional services to help users from concept to market.