The MI2CM macro implements a synchronous single-chip I2C Master only Macro capable of linking one CPU to one I2C-bus. Communication with I2C-bus is carried out on a byte-wise basis using interrupt or polled handshake. It controls all I2C-bus specific sequences, protocol, arbitration and timing. The I2C macro interface allows the parallel-bus microprocessor to communicate bidirectionnally with the I2C-bus.This macro can be customized according to specific needs (application-specific requirement). Any other pre-designed functions can be integrated into the FPGA. FPGA density and I/O requirements can be defined according to customer specification.
- Single-chip synchronous I2C Master only Macro in FPGA (I2C is a trademark of Philips, Inc)
- Designed to be included in high-speed and high-performance applications
- Direct Connection to CPU register set
- Compliant with I2C-bus specification version 1.0
- Standard mode operation (100Kbits)
- Multi-master operation with arbitration and clock synchronisation (only master)
- Support for reads and writes only
- 7-bit and 10-bits address management
- Synchronised on system clock
- Hardware digital filter on SCL and SDA signals
- No support of general call
- FPGA speed grade operating frequency dependant : system clock up to 180 MHz
- Available in VHDL source code format for ease of customization
- Can be customised by Logic Design Solutions
- VHDL Source code
- VHDL Test Bench for behavioural and gate level simulation.
- Data Sheet and Reference Guide
- User’s guide : Simulation, Synthesis and Place and Route procedures.
- Constraint File