I2C Master/Slave Controller core implements a bidirectional serial interface compatible with the NXP’s I2C bus specification and supports all transfer modes from and to the I2C bus.
I2C is a bidirectional, two-wire serial bus that is used to attach low-speed peripherals to a motherboard, embedded system or mobile. All I2C-bus compatible devices incorporate an on-chip interface which allows them to communicate directly with each other via the I2C-bus.
- Compatible with I2C Bus Specification Version 2.1
- Supports 7-bit addressing format
- Supports programmable time out feature
- AMBA 2.0 compliant APB Bus Interface
- Programmable as I2C Master and Slave modes
- Supports both Interrupt and non interrupt data transfers