The SL770 provides the interface to connect MPEG-2/DV devices to the high speed 1394 serial bus, at speeds up to 400 Mb/s.
The core can be used in set-top boxes, digital TV/VCRs, video PCs, or any application that requires MPEG-2/DV format isochronous data transfer according to the IEC- 61883 specification.
The SL770 can be integrated with Innovative’s SL730 Mixed Signal PHY core for a single-chip 1394a Audio/Video solution.
The SL770 is available in synthesizable RTL, and includes a comprehensive test bench and validation suite, synthesis scripts, and user documentation.
- Compliant with IEEE 1394a Link Layer specification
- Supports IEC 61883 standard
- Supports 100, 200, and 400 Mb/s transfer rates
- Works with Innovative’s SL730 Mixed Signal PHY Layer core, or with commercial PHY chips
- Based on parameterized building blocks that can be configured for a wide range of A/V applications
- Performs jitter compensation
- Supports CIP, PCR, and FCP
- Provides full Link Layer support, plus some Transaction Layer and Bus Management functions
- Supports asynchronous and isochronous transfers, including multi-channel isochronous receive
- Cycle master capable
- 8, 16, or 32-bit application bus interfaces to common embedded processors
- Dynamically configurable FIFO functionality, number, and size
- Detects late packet and sequence errors
- Performs 32-bit CRC generation and error detection.