Implementation of the new Chinese security standard (WAPI) requires running the SMS4 cipher in the WPI mode for encryption and message authentication. The WPI1 core is tuned for WAPI applications and as such requires much smaller gate count than a full implementation.
The design is fully synchronous and available in both source and netlist form.
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory
- Includes encryption, decryption, key expansion and data interface
- Support for WAPI WPI packet encapsulation
- Automatic generation of key context from key data
- Flow-through design
- Test bench provided
- Deliverables include test benches
- Flow-through design allowed to produce an extremely compact core - full 802.11i support in less than ASIC 9K gates.
Block Diagram of the IEEE 802.11 WAPI Encryption Core IP Core