IEEE 802.11ax is a Wireless Local Area Network standard in the IEEE 802.11 set of specifications. It is also labelled as Wi-Fi 6 by Wi-Fi Alliance. IEEE 802.11ax is designed to operate in the already existing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrums. In addition to utilizing MIMO and MU-MIMO, the new amendment introduces OFDMA to improve overall spectral efficiency.
Under Development and implementation by Comsis, the IP addresses all industrial IoT markets including M2M markets. This is accomplished by a combination of enhanced MAC and PHY implementations including reduced contention, Power Saving Mode, OFDMA with advanced signal processing techniques to cope with new IoT use cases. This IP will complete Comsis IPs portfolio (802.11a/b/g/n/i/e/p/ah).
The IP with its enhanced security extension will be is dedicated to Robotics and Factory 4.0.
Thanks to a Reference User Manual, a Reference design documentation, FPGA/microcontroller synthesis and simulation scripts, AD RF daughter card and Avnet SoC dev board, the IP is easy to install and handle.
- Wireless standard 20MHz IEEE 802.11 ax STA
- PHY Features
- 20 MHz channel width
- OFDM and OFDMA mode
- FEC coding
- Single spatial stream (1x1 SISO)
- Modulation Coding Schemes (MCS): 0,…,9
- Modulation: BPSK,…, 256QAM
- Timing and frequency synchronizations
- Channel estimation & compensation
- Data Rates (Mbps): up to 114,7Mbit/s
- Full integration with AD RF Front end
- Processing clock: 80MHz
- MAC Features
- Mandatory MAC for STA
- PHY Interface
- IEEE802.11e standard (QoS)
- IEEE802.11i standard (Security)
- IEEE802.11 standard a/b/g/n
- SoC architecture
- Scalable solution
- On demand customization available
- Hardware Agnostic IP
- Fully synthesizable RTL VHDL-Verilog code
- C code
- Documents (user guide, reference manual)
- Self-checking PHY Testbench configured by testcases / verification specification
- Power Sensitive Applications
- Digital camera
- Digital audio display
- Industrial Sensor in factory 4.0
- Entry market smart phones and tablets.