The Baseband IP is the IEEE 802.11n RF/Baseband/MAC wireless solution operating in a single stream mode for low-power standalones, embedded stations, access points, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
This IP supports both mandatory and optional features of the IEEE 802.11n standard and its corresponding Wi-Fi Alliance certifications. It can also be used in a variety of configurations, including IEEE 802.11b only and IEEE 802.11b/g or IEEEE 802.11b/g/n combinations.
The RF is a complete radio front-end, optimized for IEEE 802.11b/g/n SoC implementation based on industry-proven direct conversion transceiver architecture. This transceiver IP has fully integrated power amplifiers along with the capability to support various commercial
external FEM. RF IO ports are single-ended and a fractional-N synthesizer while the power amplifiers and LDOs are fully integrated for minimum BOM and PIN counts.
Furthermore, the IP has been designed to achieve the lowest power consumption with a combination of several proprietary techniques for low-power mobile wearable electronics and IoT applications.
Additionally it includes Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Aware peer-to-peer technologies,allowing great range of IoT usage, providing convenient and simple wireless connectivity, and enabling people to do more with their wireless products.
The IP also includes Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Aware peer-to-peer technologies, allowing great range of IoT usage, providing convenient and simple wireless connectivity, and enabling people to do more with their wireless products.
- Supports WFA Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Aware PMF and WPS
- Frequency band: 2.4GHz
- Modulation modes: OFDM with BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM,64-QAM, DSSS, CCK
- Supported data rates: IEEE 802.11b: 1 to 11Mbps, IEEE 802.11g: 6 to 54Mbps, IEEE 802.11n: 6.5 to 72.2Mbps
- Power saving: Legacy, WMM-PS, Integrated low power 32-bit MCU, Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack, Supports STA/AP/STA+AP operation
- modes, Built-in calibration
- Memory: Highly compact, small size internal
- RAM/ROM External Flash interfaces
- Relevant technical documents
- Hard macro containing IEEE 802.11n radio, baseband and others
- Complete IEEE 802.11n software support with Upper MAC and drivers
- Test vectors and simulation model
- Integration support
Block Diagram of the IEEE 802.11n RF/Baseband/MAC 40nm