This IP core features a full-hardware sound compressor using the algorithm IMA ADPCM.
Output compatible with any sound player with the IMA ADPCM codec (included by default in every Windows). Includes a testbench that takes an uncompressed PCM 16 bits Mono WAV file and outputs an IMA ADPCM compressed WAV file.
Compression ratio is fixed for IMA-ADPCM, being 4:1.
- IMA ADPCM Compression (4 bits per sample)
- Input: 16 bits PCM sound samples
- Mono: one channel operation
- Output includes standard WAV headers
- Selectable sample rate of recording
- Full technical support up to successful client integration
- Documentation and design examples
- Complete Testbench
- Synthesis scripts and results
- Instantation Template