The MD5/SHA-1/SHA-2 Accelerator implement the MD5 and Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA-1 and SHA-2), as specified in RFC 1321, FIPS 180-2 and FIPS 180-3, including HMAC support as specified in RFC 2104 and FIPS 198.
The hash algorithms are, for example, used for creation and validation of digital signatures, data integrity checking, password verification, key confirmation in key establishment protocols, time stamping, public-key infrastructure.
- Wide bus interface (1024 bit data, 512 bit digest) or 32 bit register interface
- MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2, SHA-3
- SHA-2/3 in 224/256/384/512 modes
- Message puffing for all algorithms
- Message data scheduling hardware
- Hash context switching and state loading
- Standard, high frequency and high performance versions available
- Fully synchronous design
- High-speed MD5/SHA-1/SHA-2/SHA-3 solution
- Silicon-proven implementation
- Fast and easy to integrate into SoCs
- Flexible layered design
- Complete range of configurations
- World-class technical support
- Hardware Reference and Programmer Manual
- Integration Manual
- Verification Specification
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code
- Self-checking RTL test bench, including test vectors and expected result vectors
- Simulation scripts
- Synthesis scripts
- Many different configurations available:
- Single algorithms:
- MD5 / SHA-1 / SHA-2 / SHA-3
- Support for all algorithms and standards.
- Various combinations of algorithms, including but not limited to:
- SHA-1, SHA-2, SHA-3 (all variants)
- SHA-1, SHA-2-224/256, SHA-3 (all variants)
- MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2 (all variants)
- SHA-1, SHA-2-224/256
- Various speed grades available for each of the algorithms.
- MD5 performance ranges from 3.96 to 15.5 bits/clk achieving over 7Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-1 performance ranges from 6.32 to 12.5 bits/clk achieving over 8Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-2-224/256 performance ranges from 7.88 to 15.5 bits/clk achieving over 7Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-2-384/512 performance is 12.6 bits/clk achieving over 10Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-3-224 performance is 144.0 bits/clk achieving over 84Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-3-256 performance is 136.0 bits/clk achieving over 80Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-3-384 performance is 104.0 bits/clk achieving over 61Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- SHA-3-512 performance is 72.0 bits/clk achieving over 42Gbit/sec at maximum frequency.
- GATE COUNTS
- The gate counts for a single algorithm engine ranges from 14k gates for MD5 or SHA- cores to approximately 41k gates for a full SHA-2 or 49k gates for a full SHA-3 core.
- An engine supporting all algorithms is available within 81k gates.
- For more information about this product or the all the different configurations, please contact Inside Secure: https://www.insidesecure.com/Contact
- Key exchange
- Communication protocols