The AL8259 core is the VHDL model of the Intel™ 8259 Programmable Interrupt Controller used in Intel microprocessor systems to control and prioritize interrupts. It handles up to eight vectored priority interrupts for the CPU. It is cascadable for up to 64 vectored priority interrupts without additional circuitry.
- Functionally based on the Intel 8259 device
- 8 Level Priority Controller
- Expandable to 64 Levels
- Programmable Interrupt Modes
- Individual Request Mask Capability
- Active High and Rising Edge
- Interrupt Sensitivity.
- C-8259 core is available for free!*
- * The Active-HDL application is required.