The ISO7816 UART contains all of the digital logic necessary to communicate with an ISO/IEC 7816 or EMV 4.3 integrated circuit card. The design separates the control registers and bus interface from the core logic, which allows you to redefine the register interface to meet your specific requirements.
- General Features:
- Technology-independent Verilog HDL implementation.
- 8-bit APB host interface.
- 8-byte receive buffer.
- 8-bit divider for generating card CLK signal from APB clock.
- Flexible multi-mode timers to handle the various ISO7816 time limits.
- Sampling of card serial data consistent with ISO7816 specification.
- ISO7816/EMV4.3 Features:
- Protocol state machine to reduce CPU overhead. Time limits set by compile option.
- Automatic initial character TS recognition.
- T=0 and T=1 protocols. T=0 protocol includes automatic retry (programmable limit).
- Dedicated CWT timer.
- Dedicated BWT timer.
- Protocol state machine reduces CPU overhead