The ntG711_CMP core implements the ITU G.711 compliant compressing. The G.711 standard specifies a compressing function for 16-bit uniform PCM to 8-bit A/μ-law word.
- Compresses 16-bit linear PCM to 8 bit a-law or u-law logarithmic PCM.
- Compliant to the ITU G.711 standard.
- Purely combinational logic RTL implementation.
- Silicon proven in ASIC and FPGA technologies for a variety of applications.
- The ntG711_CMP core can be used in a variety of applications, including:
- PCM Codecs.
- Voice companding.
- Front –end for any DSP processing of 64 kbps voice.
Block Diagram of the ITU G.711 compressor IP Core