The World’s First Acceleration Structure Generation H/W for Powerful Dynamic Real-time Ray Tracing Implementation
RayTree is a dedicated KD-tree generation hardware IP which is used in ray tracing technology. In order to deliver high-quality dynamic 3D contents and guarantee interactivity, real-time KD-tree re-generation is a compulsory requirement for any application. Despite of CPU overhead in today’s system, CPU has been responsible for KD-tree generation and this causes process delays as well as high-level of power consumption.
RayTree now can replace CPU’s role and further maximize KD-tree re-generation performance. RayTree re-generates KD-tree in real-time basis, thereby realizing on-the-fly dynamic scene processing without any CPU utilization and saving power consumption. Furthermore, RayTree acts as load balancer between rendering and tree building task. RayTree optimizes resource distribution and minimizes response time, and ultimately solves the bottleneck problem for efficient ray tracing rendering.
RayTree efficiently cooperates with RayCore to realize real-time ray tracing and eventually allows interactivity, and high degree of freedom for high-quality dynamic 3D contents implementation.
- Dedicated KD-tree generation hardware
- RayTree scans primitives and generates acceleration structure (KD-tree) to support real-time dynamic scene processing
- Load balancing for efficient ray tracing rendering
- RayTree solves the bottleneck problem between rendering and tree building task by distributing resource efficiently
- Exceptionally outperforming KD-tree re-generation performance
- Compare to KD-tree generation performance using mobile CPU, RayTree has 35x faster KD-tree generation capability
- Power efficiency: offloading CPU overhead
- By combining RayTree with RayCore, KD-tree generation process is eliminated in mobile CPU which results in reduced power consumption at system level
Block Diagram of the KD-tree generation hardware IP IP Core