The S3RFVGAT18 has been designed for use in high performance wireless communications systems requiring a combination of high gain range low noise performance and high linearity.
The VGA utilizes a current steering architecture to allow a stable 30dB gain range to be attained.
A resistively degenerated differential pair provides the input stage and two pairs of current steering devices implement the variable gain. Integrated spiral inductors are used in the load to tune the frequency of operation and improve linearity.
This IP and its component sub-blocks, may be tailored for specific system implementation requirements as part of a design services engagement with S3 Group and/or may be optimally integrated with S3 Group’s broad portfolio of RF Building Block IP
The VGA can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- TSMC 0.18 um RF CMOS Process
- 3V and 1.8V Power Supply
- 30dB Gain Range
- Fully Differential Architecture for High IP2 and Noise Immunity
- Low Noise Density
- L Band Operation
- Power-Down and Reset Modes
- Low Power Dissipation
- Compact Die Area
- Integrated Bias Circuitry
- Integrated LDO Regulator Available
- Built-in Band-gap Bias Block Available
- Re-tuning to Different Operating Frequencies Through Modification to its Tuned LC Tank Load.
- Satellite Communications
- Multi-Mode and Multi-Band Wireless Systems
- Customizable for Various Wireless Applications
Block Diagram of the L-Band RF Variable Gain Amplifier - TSMC 0.18um RF CMOS