CEVA-X1 is primarily aimed at multi-mode IoT and M2M endpoint and hub devices as a combined control and DSP processor to run concurrently both protocol stack and baseband PHY for cellular, LPWA and short range communications such as:
- LTE Cat-NB1, Cat-M1, Sigfox, LoRa,
- WiFi 802.11n, 802.11ah, Bluetooth, BLE, Zigbee/Thread
As a multi-mode IoT and M2M processor CEVA-X1 can also run positioning and sensor functions such as:
- GNSS: GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo,
- Fusion of multiple indoor positioning and activity sensors (beacons, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, …),
- Voice activation,
Multi-mode use cases include:
- Asset and person trackers for children, dogs, cars, trucks, containers, bikes, …
- Geo-fencing to inform server when person or asset leaves area,
- Identification and position of large fleet of fixed devices such as smart meters, city sensors for smart parking, lighting, environment,
- IoT hub with concurrent cellular and short range communications
- Sensor fusion for activity trackers in wearables,
- Wearalone with cellular and short range communications and narrow-band vocoder,
- Voice activation with speech command recognition
CEVA-X1 has been specifically designed as a single core LTE Cat-NB1/M1 solution with dedicated instructions to optimize overall system power, performance and area for:
- Protocol stack encryption functions as well as,
- Baseband channel coding/decoding functions.
Control performance has also been optimized on CEVA-X1 for efficient Protocol Stack execution with
- Full RTOS support,
- Dynamic branch prediction,
- Instruction and data caches.
Lastly CEVA Connect, Advanced System Control is designed to offload CEVA-X1 from HW Accelerators control and traffic management tasks for LTE Cat-M1, FeMTC and WiFi.
These features all contribute greatly to reduce power and area and achieve 5 to 10 year single battery operation at very low price.