Algo-Logic’s low latency PCI express (PCIe) solutions rapidly transfer data between Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic, processors, and memory. For example, in many High Frequency Trading (HFT) systems, rapid data transfers are needed between FPGA logic and the Order Management System (OMS) software. For these frequent and short transactions, Algo-Logic’s PCIe solutions are optimal for minimizing latency.
Similarly, in datacenter applications, PCIe solutions typically interface processors with network and storage devices. Algo-Logic’s PCIe solutions and Ethernet IP cores are used in high performance Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Key-Value Store (KVS).
Algo-Logic’s PCIe solutions are plug-and-play; the hardware interfaces and software APIs are easy to use for software developers building low latency network streaming applications.
The Register Interface supports a low latency host to FPGA communication through memory-mapped I/O (MMIO) with write combining. The Direct Memory Access (DMA) Engine is specifically designed for kernel-bypass Linux applications that require high throughput and low latency.
- Easy to use C/C++ API
- Parallel tasking support for multiple threads
- Four independent Tx/Rx interfaces
- Standard Avalon streaming interface for seamless integration with network logic
- DMA Engine provides fastest transfer of data from FPGA logic to software
- Polling and Ring Buffer DMA architectureoGen 3 with backward compatibility to Gen 2
Block Diagram of the Low latency PCI express (PCIe) solutions