INSIDE Secure provides a complete MACsec solution to secure Ethernet through its MACsec software toolkit and family of SafeXcel Hardware IP MACsec Security Engines.
The MACsec toolkit supports rapid MACsec integration by device manufacturers that build IP phones, switches, bridges, and routers.
INSIDE's MACsec Toolkit is highly portable, well documented and commented ANSI C source code suitable for a wide range of platforms and enables developers to embed MACsec capabilities into new and existing products. It offers a complete functional software implementation allowing you to test, simulate, and prototype your solutions early (even before the actual hardware is taped off) and speed time to market, with less development cost, while significantly reducing risk.
The MACsec security architecture specifies two main components:
- A control plane defined in 802.1X-2010 (formerly 802.1X-REV), which provides an authenticated key agreement protocol (MKA), EAPOL a protocol to carry EAP over LAN and an announcement protocol.
- A data plane protocol defined in 802.1AE, which protects frames transmitted on the LAN.
MACsec Toolkit has a modular architecture to easily integrate with an existing product. In particular both the 802.1X-2010 and the 802.1AE specifications are implemented within their own modules with well-defined APIs.
MACsec is applicable to any devices that needs to secure Ethernet. It is deployed commercially in various devices from security cameras to large switches.
- IEEE 802.1AE (data plane)
- IEEE 802.1x -2010 (control plane)
- MKA (MACsec Key Agreement)
- Network Announcements
- EAPOL (EAP over LAN)
- PACP logic (Port Access Control Protocol)
- Virtual ports
- Extended sequence numbers
- RADIUS client
- Certificate manager
- Cryptographic libraries.
- Complete MACsec implementation
- Reducing Development Costs
- Accelerate Time to Market
- API to integrate with MACsec Engine
- MACsec Engine from same vendor
- Standard compliant
- Interoperability tested
- Portable ANSI C source code
- Developer level support
- Updates under support and maintenance
- INSIDE’s MACsec Toolkit is delivered as highly portable, well documented and commented ANSI C source code.
- Carrier Ethernet
- Cloud access and synchronisation
- Cellular backhaul
- Enterprise Ethernet
- Optical Distribution Network (ODN)
- Ethernet devices compliant with NSA Ethernet Security Specification