Barco Silex has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
he BA110-MLL core performs mathematically lossless JPEG 2000 encoding on large un-tiled color frames with 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sub-sampling. It generates streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000).
The BA110-MLL accepts pixels on its input interface. It generates a mathematically lossless compressed j2c JPEG 2000 stream at its output interface with up to 16 bits per color sample.
- Single-FPGA solution for mathematically lossless compression
- Custom image sizes up to 4096x2160
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0) color spaces with support for lossless color transform
- Wavelet filters: 5/3, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Pixel depth: up to 16 bits per color sample
- Quality: mathematically lossless compression
- Flexibility: easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support more simultaneous channels, larger images or higher frame rates
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts