The VK-402 searches only within a fixed number of lattice points, where the number of considered lattice points decreases as we descend from level N. To achieve a close to ML BER performance, channel column ordering is required.
- Fixed Complexity Sphere Decoder providing fixed throughput
- Achieves close-to ML BER performance
- MATLAB and C model for – MIMO 2×2 and 4×4 – Can be modified to support other MIMO sizes – BPSK, 4-QAM, 16-QAM and 64-QAM
- Efficient and optimized FPGA Architecture (4×4 MIMO, 16-QAM)
- Supports OFDM based systems such as the IEEE 802.16e mobile WiMAX with different Space Time Coding (STC)
- Decoder Modeling (C and MATLAB)
- Testing MIMO System (MATLAB)
- Synthesizable VHDL for 4×4 MIMO with 16-QAM (actually implemented on ALTERA Stratix II)
- As an application, a single VK-402 is used to decode the different STC for the IEEE 802.16e WiMAX MIMO system by adaptively processing the received signal, according to the STC type, prior to feeding to the VK-402, Fig. 4.
Block Diagram of the MIMO Sphere Decoder IP Core