Most mobile processors today use industry standard interfaces such as MIPI DSI for interface connectivity. Traditional displays sometimes have a MIPI DPI or CMOS interface that cannot be directly connected to a mobile application processor without a bridge. Many new applications want to leverage mobile innovations while utilizing traditional displays with specific requirements and capabilities.
Lattice CrossLink is a programmable video interface bridging device capable of converting processors with MIPI DSI interface to CMOS interfaces at up to 6 Gbps. This bridge is available as free IP is available in Lattice Diamond for allowing easy configuration and setup.
- Supports MIPI DSI and MIPI CSI-2 Outputs up to 6 Gbps :
- Supports parallel MIPI DPI, CMOS, RAW and RGB interfaces at over 150 Mhz
- Supports CSI-2 compatible video formats (RAW, RGB, and YUV) :
- 8-bit YUV420/422
- 10-bit YUV420/422
- 8-bit RAW8
- 10-bit RAW10
- 12-bit RAW12
- 24-bit RGB888
- Supports DSI compatible video formats (RGB) :
- Compliance with MIPI D-PHY Specification v1.1
- Compliance with DSI and CSI-2 Specification v1.1
Block Diagram of the MIPI DSI to RGB Display Interface Bridge