The Atria Logic AL-MPEG2E-SW is a software-based, low power MPEG-2 Main Profile video encoder IP core, targeted for mobile and non-mobile, low power devices in industrial and medical applications. Industrial applications include broadcast contribution portable video recorders and train/bus/truck/airplane black box recorders. Medical applications include operating theater recorders, as well as PACS video archiving.
The encoder supports MPEG-2 Main Profile at Low and Main Level IPB encoding up to SD resolutions, and supports both single-pass variable bit rate (VBR) and constant bit rate (CBR) encoding. Support for rate distortion optimization for mode decisions provides exceptional video quality at low bit rates. The encoder is fully MPEG-2 standards compliant.
The implementation includes power-optimizing algorithms that enable the encoder to run at very low power in a Linux or MS Windows environment on a wide range of ARM processors, such as ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E and ARM11, as well as on the EZchip Tilera TilePro64 processors.
- MPEG-2 IPB MP@LL and MP@ML encoding
- Constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (CBR) support
- YUV 4:2:0 progressive input format
- MPEG-2 compliant transport stream output
- Speed and power optimized proprietary ME
- Inter prediction full and 1/2 and 1/4 pel support
- Intra prediction DC prediction support
- RDO mode decisions for optimal video quality at any bit rate
- Optimized for ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E and ARM11 processors
- Optimized for EZchip Tilera TilePro64 processors
- Support for Linux and MS Windows operating systems
- Fully ISO/IEC 13818-2 standards compliant
- Speed and power-optimized ME engine
- Fully software-optimized implementation
- Support for broad range of ARM processors
- Low-power optimized implementation
- Broadcast contribution portable video recorders
- Train/bus/truck/airplane black box recorders
- PACS video recorders
Block Diagram of the MPEG-2 Software Video Encoder IP Core