The E-pak SOC core from Precise-ITC is a multi-rate Ethernet aggregator that supports tributaries at 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE and 200GE in combinations up to 200GE for the E-pak200 or 400GE for the E-pak400.
The E-pak cores provide FlexE 2.1/2.0/1.1/1.0 functionality and implement multi-rate Ethernet PCS and MAC. This versatile device allows users to add or drop sub-channels (for example 10GE) or merge channels (for example 4x25G = 100GE). These dynamic changes do not affect traffic on existing channels.
The north-bound interface from the multi-channel MAC provides a configurable system interface. The Multi-channel MAC manages the mapping between individual MACs and the assigned I/O or I/O group.
The southbound interface is mapped (at the PMA layer) to the on-chip SERDES. The core is responsible for channel alignment and FEC (where applicable).
- Supports any ethernet combinations (table 1) to maximum data-rate of the device (100G, 200G or 400G)
- Fully compatible with IEEE 802.3 2015 and IEEE 802.3 Standards
- UltraLow latency and area efficient FEC Core supports LL FEC RS(272,258), KP4 FEC RS(544,514), KR4 FEC RS(528,514) and FC FEC RS(2112,2080)
- Support HiGig, HiGig+ and HiGig-lite
- Support FlexE, OTN, FlexO, OTU25/50-RS, xGFC access ports
- Support FC1200 to 256GFC FC2 Monitoring
- Supports 1588v2 time stamps and full error handling
- Supports 802.3br interspersing express traffic and 802.1Qbb priority flow control (PFC)
- Flexible FlexE 2.1/2.0/1.1/1.0 core Add-on
- 400G/200G/100G/50G/40G/25G/10G BASE-R PCS Core Features (Find out more from www.precise-itc.com)
- 400G/200G/100G/50G/40G/25G/10G MAC Core Features (per channel) (Find out more from www.precise-itc.com)
- Combines Ethernet streams at a variety of rates to a single multi-channel interface at the MAC
- The E-pak200 allows access connections supporting 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE and 200GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 200Gbps
- The E-pak400 allows access connections supporting 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE and 400GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 400Gbps
- Dynamically change rate on any port without affecting existing traffic
- Off-the-shelf, proven technology implementation in FPGAs and ASIC SOC
- Tested and interoperability-proven against Spirent and Viavi test equipment
- High-density routers for data centers
- Access switches
Block Diagram of the Multi-channel Multi-rate 400G Ethernet Package IP Core